Review Of Our Business Highlights In 2022
It’s been a great year for our consumer tech and entertainment business. As an early-age startup company, we have achieved a lot of our biggest goals, welcomed new additions to our team, and have been working on our virtual platform in order to continuously improve it.
We at downtown App INC are dedicated to going above and beyond in order to give you the perfect social experience, and we hope to continue on this path of ensuring your needs are being taken care of.
Take a look at the highlights of what the year 2022 had to offer:
- In May 2022, we welcomed an exceptional addition to our downtown team - Darren, a seasoned technologist, and entrepreneur with a wealth of experience in software development, engineering, architecture, R&D, and strategic planning. We are excited to feature more about Darren in an upcoming blog post.
- As we continued working on our virtual platform in July 2022, we launched our traveling market and socials, where we hosted and attended in-person events that showcased the talents of local creators, businesses, entertainers, and artists. These events allowed us to connect with the community and better understand the needs of the local creator economy in Atlantic Canada. Our platform is continuously evolving to reflect these insights.
- Thanks to the support of MusicNL, we were able to bring the downtown experience to life during a one-day event in St. John’s, NL, in October 2022. MusicNL also provided us with networking support, connecting us with over eight hundred musicians across the province. We hired local musicians and dancers and invited local artisans to showcase their wares, creating a day full of entertainment, networking, vendor shopping, and a chance to share our vision for ’downtown’ with the community.
- We officially joined the Venn Innovation family, an incubator program based in Moncton, NB, in November 2022. Venn Innovation will support us over the following eighteen months as we prepare to launch our platform and investment strategy. They will provide us with unique technical resources to help us succeed.
- In November 2022, Maggie had the honor of being a guest speaker on behalf of downtown at the IRCC Citizenship Ceremony. We also underwent rebranding and launched our new website, positioning ourselves for the future.
- We are currently expanding our market research to areas beyond Atlantic Canada to ensure that our platform can best support a diverse range of creators and businesses. We are accepting inquiries for user sign-ups, including content creators and businesses interested in joining our exclusive group of gold-tier members when we launch. By working with us and providing feedback, our gold-tier members will help us continuously improve our platform. Currently, we are also working towards launching a new MVP in April 2023 and are looking for beta testers.
We would like to extend our gratitude to the organizations that have supported us in 2022:
These include MusicNL, Venn Innovation, and the YMCA NL Business Planning Program. We would also like to thank the remarkable creators, businesses, and performers we’ve worked with over the past year, as well as the members of the community who have attended our events and engaged with us on social media. We are excited for what the future holds.
Whether you want to find a romantic partner or just make some new friends, our virtual social app “downtown” is the perfect way to do it. You can attend virtual events and chat with people from all over the world. There’s something for everyone on our app! We’re all about bringing you the perfect night out experience, live entertainment, and virtual events. And we want you to connect with others for an interactive virtual social experience. Our new website provides our existing and prospective clients with a simple yet interactive view of our work and the services we offer.
Get in touch with us today!
To learn more about the services we offer, please click here. To get in touch with us, please click here or send us an email at email@example.com.